No AccessibilityPoverty ReductionNov 2021
The techniques to find security web beneficiaries are the topic of recurrent debates. Concentrating on assessments commonly concentration on efficiency by documenting the pre-system profile of selected beneficiaries. This analyze delivers a more comprehensive analysis of targeting effectiveness through an experiment embedded in a national funds transfer system in Niger. Qualified villages have been randomly assigned to have beneficiary households selected by local community-centered targeting (CBT), proxy-implies screening (PMT), or a components to identify the foods-insecure (FCS). The analyze considers targeting legitimacy and the effects of targeting choice on system effectiveness centered on knowledge gathered following system roll-out. PMT is more effective in figuring out households with lower intake for every capita. Nonbeneficiaries uncover components-centered techniques (PMT and FCS) more reputable than CBT. Manipulation and details imperfections have an affect on CBT, which can describe why it is not the most reputable. System impacts on some welfare dimensions are much larger amongst households selected by PMT than CBT.
- 2012. “Concentrating on the Weak: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia.” American Economic Assessment 102 (4): 1206–40. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Does Elite Seize Subject? Community Elites and Specific Welfare Courses in Indonesia.” AEA Papers and Proceedings 109: 334–39. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2016a. “Network Construction and the Aggregation of Information: Theory and Evidence from Indonesia.” American Economic Assessment 106 (seven): 1663–704. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2016b. “Self-Concentrating on: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia.” Journal of Political Economic system 124 (two): 371–427. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2018. “Locating the Weak vs. Measuring Their Poverty: Exploring the Motorists of Concentrating on Usefulness in Indonesia.” Earth Bank Economic Assessment 33 (3): 573–97. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Common Fundamental Income in the Creating Earth.” Once-a-year Assessment of Economics eleven (one): 959–83. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2000. “Seize and Governance at Community and National Concentrations.” American Economic Assessment ninety (two): 135–39. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Decentralization and Effectiveness of Subsidy Concentrating on: Evidence from Chiefs in Rural Malawi.” Journal of Public Economics 185: 1–25. Google Scholar.
- 2020. “Food items Stability Actions in Sub-Saharan Africa. A Validation of the LSMS-ISA Scale.” Journal of African Economies 29 (one): 90–120. Google Scholar.
- 2019. “Promoting Successful Inclusion and Resilience amongst the Weak: Multi-nation RCT of the Sahel Adaptive Social Defense System.” AEA RCT Registry. Google Scholar.
- 2018. “A Weak Indicates Take a look at? Econometric Concentrating on in Africa.” Journal of Growth Economics 134: 109–24. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2014. “Validity and Dependability of Food items Stability Actions.” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1331 (one): 230–48. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2004a. Concentrating on of Transfers in Creating International locations: Assessment of Lessons and Practical experience. Vol. one. Washington, DC: Earth Bank Publications. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2004b. “Concentrating on Outcomes Redux.” Earth Bank Exploration Observer 19 (one): 61–85. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2004. “On the Concentrating on and Redistributive Efficiencies of Choice Transfer Devices.” Assessment of Income and Prosperity fifty (one): 11–27. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2002. “Neighborhood-Based mostly Concentrating on Mechanisms for Social Basic safety Nets: A Crucial Assessment.” Earth Growth 30 (3): 375–94. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2015. Basic safety Nets in Africa: Efficient Mechanisms to Achieve the Weak and Most Susceptible. Washington, DC: Earth Bank and Agence Française de Développement. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2017. “The Concentrating on Usefulness of Social Transfers.” Journal of Growth Usefulness 9 (two): 162–211. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2020. Exploring Common Fundamental Income: A Tutorial to Navigating Ideas, Evidence, and Practices. Washington, DC: Earth Bank. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 1995. “Proxy Indicates Exams for Concentrating on Social Courses.” Doing the job Paper 118, Dwelling Criteria Measurement Study, Earth Bank. Washington, DC, United states. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2018. “Common Fundamental Incomes compared to Specific Transfers: Anti-Poverty Courses in Creating International locations.” Journal of Economic Perspectives 32 (4): 201–26. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Concentrating on Extremely-poor Households in Honduras and Peru.” Earth Bank Economic Assessment 33 (one): 63–94. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2016. “How Narrowly Must Anti-poverty Courses Be Specific? Simulation Evidence from Bolivia and Indonesia.” Discussion Paper Sequence No. 213, Göttingen College. Göttingen, Germany. Google Scholar.
- 2016. “Retooling Poverty Concentrating on Applying Out-of-Sample Validation and Equipment Discovering.” Earth Bank Economic Assessment 32 (3): 531–50. Google Scholar.
- 2013. “Neighborhood-Based mostly Concentrating on in the Social Defense Sector.” Doing the job Paper No. 514, Abroad Growth Institute, London, British isles. Google Scholar
- 2012. “Past Baseline and Abide by-Up: The Situation for Much more T in Experiments.” Journal of Growth Economics ninety nine (two): 210–21. CrossrefGoogle Scholar
- 2012. “Who is Vouching for the Input Voucher? Decentralized Concentrating on and Elite Seize in Tanzania.” Earth Growth forty (eight): 1619–33. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2020. “Behavioral Modify Marketing, Cash Transfers and Early Childhood Growth, Experimental Evidence from a Governing administration System in a Small-revenue Placing.” Earth Bank Coverage Exploration Doing the job Paper No. 9368, Earth Bank: Washington, DC, United states. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 1995. “Is Concentrating on Via a Operate Requirement Productive? Some Evidence for Rural India.” In Public Paying and the Weak: Theory and Evidence. Edited by Dominique van de Walle and Kimberly Nead, 413–44. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins College Press. Google Scholar.
- 2009. “How Appropriate is Concentrating on to the Results of an Antipoverty System?” Earth Bank Exploration Observer 24 (two): 205–31. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “How to Focus on Households in Adaptive Social Defense Techniques? Evidence from Humanitarian and Growth Methods in Niger.” Journal of Growth Scientific studies 55 (sup1): 75–90. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2016. “Achieving the Weak: Cash Transfer System Concentrating on in Cameroon.” Earth Growth 83: 244–63. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2020. “Weak Households’ Successful Investments of Cash Transfers: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Niger.” Journal of African Economies 29 (one): 63–89. Google Scholar.
- 2009. “Validating the Earth Food items Programme’s Food items Intake Score and Choice Indicators of Residence Food items Stability.” Discussion Paper 00870, International Food items Coverage Exploration Institute, Washington, DC, United states. Google Scholar.
Earth Bank. 2011. “Niger Basic safety Internet Project, Project Appraisal Doc.” Earth Bank, Washington, DC, United states. Google Scholar Earth Bank. 2017. “Republic of Niger. Priorities for Ending Poverty and Boosting Shared Prosperity. Systematic State Diagnostic.” Earth Bank, Washington, DC, United states. LinkGoogle Scholar Earth Food items Programme. 2008. “Food Intake Examination: Calculation and Use of the Food items Intake Score in Food items Intake and Food items Stability Examination.” Specialized Assistance Sheet, Rome. Google Scholar
- 1998. “Nonparametric Regression Methods in Economics.” Journal of Economic Literature 36 (two): 669–721. Google Scholar.